Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tis the season for skiing!

 I've been on the hunt for children's cross country skiing equipment.  Of course, this has to be done with out spending alot of money.  One could just go to the local sporting goods store and purchase a nice new set of cross country skiis complete with bindings, boots, and poles.  But this is not an option for me.  Not entirely because we can't afford it.  But because I'm too frugal and that would take away the challenge.  And I love a challenge when it comes to getting what I want with out spending a lot of money.
 So, I found two pairs of youth cross country skiis at Salvation Army.  One pair had bindings and boots.  The other did not.  I couldn't find poles, so we made some!
 And I tried making some velcro bindings that would fit around any size winter boot.  They only lasted about a quarter of the way around the trail.  Henry yanked too hard and pulled the screws right out of the ski.  His comment "Didn't you bring the tools to fix this?"  Uh...........not exactly packing a tool box on my back, just pulling a sled full of kids,s o hop on!!!!





 Eliza did an amazing job and skied down the trail like she was an old pro.  And the last stretch of the trail, she took a turn riding in the sled and let Henry try the skiis with boots. 
I am still on the hunt for poles and I'm going to be watching ebay like a hawk so that I can get some bindings and boots for these little skiers!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment