On Labor day, we had a honey extracting party. Russ has several friends that started their beehives this spring and they came over to help Russ extract his honey and then they did theirs. They worked from 8 AM until 5 PM. The garage was a sticky mess!
Sweet, beautiful, golden honey pouring out of the new extractor. Russ's old extractor could hold 6 frames at a time and was spun with a drill. Every year he wondered if he would get done before the drill burnt up. The new extractor can hold 12 frames (I think), has it's own motor, and spins super fast, making the process so much quicker! And it really is tempting to want to drink it up as it pours out.
Filling buckets and jars and more buckets and more jars!
While the guys were extracting honey, my job was to entertain children....ten to be exact......all day. So we made some bees to help make our potluck festive.
25 gallons of honey this year!!!! Enough for us to eat, and store, and sell! If you want some, let us know. It's probably not going to last long!!!

I wish I could buy some!
ReplyDelete