Sunday, October 21, 2012

The end of our garden

 This little hoop house turned out to be amazing!  Our tomatoes grew and produced like crazy this year.  But this last week, the wind was too strong and ripped the plastic in a few spots.  And with rips in it, we knew the tomatoes wouldn't last any longer through the cold nights. 
 We have been harvesting tomatoes since the end of July.  I've canned spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, salsa and just plain tomatoes already.  When we pulled the tomato plants out of the garden, our sled was overflowing with green and half ripe tomatoes.  I put them in cardboard boxes and spread them out in our storage room.  By the end of the week I will probably be able to can another 9 quarts of tomatoes.
 Having so many tomatoes is awesome!!!
And playing in the dirt without getting told to get out of the garden is pretty awesome too!

No comments:

Post a Comment